—We love going to work every day.
We prioritise creating a harmonious, non-competitive space free of stress, in which
we all work well.
Are you interested in coming to work with us? We are always on the lookout for similarly-minded residents to share the space with us.
We offer a desk space, which can be rented permanently, and hot-desking by negotiation.
Our studio is in Brunswick, just off Sydney Road, in a beautiful north facing office space close to public transport (19 tram, Upfield train), Brunswick eateries, similarly-minded creative businesses, and a variety of clients.
The studio comes with
Close to bars & restaurants
Location, location, location
The built environment industry remains challenging to navigate. Over the years, we have built and maintained a network of alumnae, professional contacts, and clients, as well as a vast bank of knowledge that we share with our CHI community.
- access to our alumnae
- network of contacts
- advice on professional memberships (BDAV, Victorian Women’s Trust)
- community ties with our Brunswick neighbours
CHI is a social space as well as a professional studio. Laughter, fun, and community are important to us. With our current and past residents, we organise a quarterly get-together: We also participate in professional events, such as the monthly seminars organised by BDAV, Ask an Expert events, etc. On a day to day basis, we share resources, help out with technology, give design (and ergonomic) advice – sharing the good times and the more challenging ones.
Are we the right fit?
We are always actively looking for new studio buddies. We prioritise creating a harmonious, non-competitive space free of stress,
in which we all work well.
- working in the built environment
- starting out professionally, but willing to grow your business to financial sustainability
- in the first 2-4 years of practice
- making your first move out of home into a professional office
- seeking to make your business your full-time occupation
- seeking to invest in yourself and your vision?